Fleek LLC originally conceived the DAB and is in charge of distributing its open source code and interfaces. DAB is fully open source; however, this does not provide access to the DAB brand and image trademarks/licenses.
We take the usage of our brand and service trademarks very seriously, as it is our responsibility to ensure all DAB users whether Fleek LLC is the entity behind a service or website; and that the resources, platforms, services, and open source code/software that is shared represents unmodified DAB software.
These trademark policies affect the DAB brand, and associated image, logos, websites, and content.
You are allowed to:¶
(Without explicit concent)
- Use DAB's brand or trademarks to refer or link to official and up to date resources, open source repositories, interfaces, or DAB services.
- Use DAB's brand to refer to community-driven modifications or updates, specifying its original source and derivation from DAB's original resource.
- Use DAB's image and logo to communicate, inform, or share information (as an external, non affiliated source) regarding DAB and the Open Internet Services’ functioning.
- Use DAB's logo on integrated software or Internet Computer applications to specify an integration to DAB's services, or link to them. Which doesn’t in turn imply an official sponsorship or endorsement from DAB, which can’t be claimed without permission.
- Use DAB's brand and trademark.
- Use DAB's logos for the aforementioned uses, without modifying them other than in scale.
You are NOT allowed to:¶
- Use DAB's branding, image, or trademarks on fraudulent websites, services, products, software or open/closed source code of any type.
- Use DAB's brand or image as your own, have it overshadow your own brand, or intend to deceive users to believe a non-affiliated brand or product is DAB (similar names, modified but similar imagery, etc.)
- Use DAB as a claimed sponsorship, endorsement, or claim any type of unauthorized affiliation (such as creating fake profiles, alleged partnerships or products), utilizing DAB's trademark and brand.
- Modify DAB's brand and trademarks.
- Commercialize or distribute DAB's brand, image or logo in any shape or form.